Campbell Transport is a family-owned company providing specialist logistics services to the bulk mining, ports, and agriculture industries across WA. Our logistics solutions have made us one of the leading haulage companies in WA.
Due to our meteoric growth, our safety and operations team are seeking an Operations and Compliance Coordinator to join us in our head office. This position offers an excellent remuneration and benefit package to the right candidate, and the opportunity to work in a dynamic and friendly team environment.
Reporting to the HESQ Manager the primary objective of this position is to maintain and manage Campbell Transport compliance utilising modern transport management programs such as MT Data in conjunction with your advanced excel skillset. Working alongside the operations team, we are looking for a candidate that will strive to improve and automate our current systems.
Health, Safety, Environment, Quality
- Statutory requirements and compliance within the WAHVA scheme and understanding of the RAV network
- Fatigue Management monitoring and creation/improvements upon current systems
- Hazard Identification / Risk Assessments and safe operating practises
- Regularly review site compliance of safety and communicate and consult with both management and workers
- Liaise with key stakeholders within the organisation to monitor, develop and automate existing compliance system
- Monitor activities and audit against standards to develop corrective actions that meet all compliance requirements
- Actively monitor fatigue management for drivers’ company wide and work with Operations Staff to ensure driver scheduling prevents breaches and any non-conformance is rectified. We would expect upon reflection the right candidate would look for ways to automate or streamline improvements to this process
- Coordinate with subcontractors to ensure compliance is met regarding both the organisation as well as their drivers
Auditing and Reviewing
- Conduct regular audits of the Campbell Transport WAHVA System and all its components and provide corrective action reports following an audit/review to rectify non-compliances for management review
- Assist stakeholders in closing out non compliances and ensuring remedial actions are put in place to prevent reoccurrence
- Assist with incident, hazard and non-conformance identification and management, including participation in investigations and corrective actions that improve the operations of the business while preventing recurrence
- Take the lead in ensuring Campbell Transport’s MT Data system is being utilised correctly and to its full extent and provide management updates.
- Performing regular checks on the MT Data system to ensure it’s operating efficiently and to its full capacity.
- Working with MT Data and internal technicians to rectify any faults that may occur with MT Data
- Assist Operations staff in utilising MT Data in a way that allows for the optimisation of overall tonnage whilst maintaining safe and compliant practices.
- Over 3 years in a similar role – preferably within the West Australian transport industry
- A strong team player, that demonstrates initiative and has the ability to work under pressure and to deadlines
- Strong computer literacy skills, specifically Microsoft Word, and Outlook. Advanced Excel is an advantage.
- Have an understanding of current WHS Legislation and WAHVA scheme and requirements
- Strong understanding of CoR requirements, RAV network and the WA Main Roads AMMS scheme
- Able to work autonomously
- Unrestricted C- class licence
Interested? Send a resume to Jess at firstname.lastname@example.org with the subject “Port Hedland Yardhand”.
Don’t wait, come and join the Campbell Transport team now!
Campbell Transport encourages and values diversity and inclusion. Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people are encouraged to apply.
No agencies please.
Please Note: Due to the high volume of applications and enquiries, we are only able to respond to shortlisted candidates.