Transport Administration Officer – Brisbane
We are currently seeking an experienced Transport Administration Officer to join our expanding express freight division based in Rocklea, Queensland. Reporting to our State Manager – QLD this role is responsible for the administrative and data entry functions of the Brisbane Depot.
The position will commence as a part-time with a view to full-time.
The successful applicant will be a career professional with high level of accuracy and results orientated. A background in transport administration in and express freight environment is essential. The understanding of transport terminology, pickups, consignments, pallet control and manifesting is critical to the role.
This role is integral to the ongoing improvement and commitment to our operational goals.
The necessary on the job training will be provided to the successful applicant to ensure a comprehensive understanding of our operational requirements.
You will be responsible for:
- Accurate entry of consignment notes into the transport management system
- Prepare local driver Runsheet’s
- Prepare interstate manifests (capturing accurate consignments loaded on the vehicle)
- Prepare and select onforwarding carriers appropriate for the freight
- Ensure all express freight is prioritised on loading
- Sign off driver Runsheet’s (ensuring that correct information is listed, Pod’s returned signed and dated, hours listed are accurate and pallets have been exchanged)
- Collate and scan Proof of Deliveries daily
- Collate and scan Driver Runsheet’s daily
- Capture ancillary charges (hand unload/tailgate/demurrage) notify customers and advise accounts of the charges
- Create or amend timeslot bookings (e.g. kmart, target, coles, woolworths, Costco)
- Answering inbound calls
- Provide pickup and delivery ETA’s to clients
- Managing the depot’s pallet control process.
This doesn’t include all position responsibilities.
To be considered for the role, you must be able to demonstrate the following:
- Problem solving ability
- Lead by Example
- Hands on management practices with a high degree of urgency and energy
- Strong knowledge of WH&S, Dangerous Goods and Chain of Responsibility obligations
- Excellent communication and customer service skills
- Attention to detail
- Extensive transport administrative and operational experience
- Self-driven to achieve and drive outcomes on a daily basis
- Freight and logistics industry experience a must.
In return you will be rewarded with:
- Rewarded with generous salary and a super contribution!
- A company with a high safety focus
- Great working conditions
- A fantastic team environment
Please Note: We will not accept unsolicited CVs from recruitment agencies/third parties, and we will not be liable or responsible for any fees or costs associated with unsolicited CVs sent directly to line managers.
(Successful applicants are subject to a criminal history check, pre-employment medical and drug & alcohol screening)
Freight Assist Australia is an Equal Opportunity Employer and we encourage men and women of all ages and Australian Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people to apply.
For questions about applying, please contact the careers team.
Without Transport Australia Stops!
Across The City – Across The State – Across The Country
Contact Us For Advertising :
Business Development Manager | Mark Schell
Email | firstname.lastname@example.org
Phone | 0437 483 793
Connecting Employees With Employers Since 2008