The successful applicant will be responsible for the efficient and effective use of resources provided.
You will be self-motivated, Team leader while ensuring that Safety requirements, exceptional customer service, and operational targets are achieved.
Desired skills and experience
- Leader in promoting a Safe working environment.
- Experience leading and supervising a team of 4-5 staff in a mid-sized, high throughput warehouse
- Understanding of regulations including COR, Transportation of DGs, Load Restraint Guidelines, etc
- Experience and training in AQIS wash bay and fumigation procedures and regulations
- Experience required to load and unload trucks and containers
- Experience in stores – pick loads, inventory, and stock control
- Valid Forklift Licence, with experience operating both Counterbalance and High-Reach forklifts
- Planning and decision-making skills with flexibility to work extra hours as required.
- Attention to detail
- Computer skills with basic working knowledge of Outlook, Word, and Excel
Salary negotiable to the successful applicant
Interstate MC Truck Drivers
Permanent Interstate MC drivers required for a Wollongong based transport company
Murrell Freight Services is a family owned business that started in 1972 & has grown into one of the largest transport companies in the Illawarra.
To be successful in this role you will possess the following:
- A current MC licence (Unrestricted)
- Load securing experience.
- BFM Accredited.
- DG licence – preferred but not essential.
- Fridge Van Experience – preferred but not essential.
- Current driving history report
- The successful candidates will undertake a driver medical
If this role is for you, please call Kerry on
A Bit About Murrell Freight Lines
Murrell Freight Lines is Wollongong’s leading integrated logistics provider. Our continuously expanding fleet of trucks and professional drivers combined with our storage facilities provide the most efficient supply chain solutions for our customers.
Murrells is a family owned business and we have been in operation for over 35 years. It all started in 1972 with 1 brick truck owned and driven by Glen Murrell. Since then, we have grown to a strong fleet of trucks with a vast array of transport options including tipping skels, tippers, sideloaders, container skels, flat top, tautliner, tanker, refrigerated, float and extendable, flat top, and drop deck trailers. Our storage / loading yard is large enough to cater for all of our trucks and more which are serviced by our fleet of forklifts ranging from 52 tones down to 2.5 tones.
We place great emphasis on running a professional business, to do so, we ensure all of our staff – from our drivers to our warehouse workers and even our office staff – are professionally trained and qualified so that we are able to provide the best possible service available.
Whatever your logistics needs – we are sure we can provide you the best solution at the best price!
Our fleet of Kenworth prime movers and equipments are renewed to ensure that we can provide our services on time, every time. Our equipments are serviced by our team of qualified mechanics which we are acredited under NHVAS. We specialise in the following transport solutions in both general and express situations:
We are licensed for L.C.L. and F.C.L. containers. We offer complete or part service, whatever you desire – we can collect and deliver your container at any time as well as deconsolidate for you and return the empty container. Efficient delivery or storage of the deconsolidated goods is our mission.
STORAGE & HANDLING
Our goal is to provide clean, secure, efficient and cost effective storage & handling solutions. We operate at a high professional standard when it comes to our storage facilities and maintain the tightest 24/7 security measures to ensure the safety of customers goods. A summary of our storage & handling facilities are as follows: