MC Truck Driver – Withcott Seedlings
Withcott Seedlings is located approximately 15 minutes east of Toowoomba and is a leading supplier of vegetable seedlings to the horticultural industry across the eastern seaboard of Australia.
A position currently available in our Logistics Department for experienced MC drivers to drive Mercedes-Benz Actros prime movers.
Success in this role will centre on your ability to safely and efficiently operate vehicles whilst delivering quality seedlings to our customer base in a timely manner.
This role may require interstate travel and will require you to be available for weekend work as required. You will also be required to unload and reload with multiple drops required on the trip.
Your Responsibilities will include: –
- Driving vehicles to customers farms and unloading according to individual site requirements
- Liaising with the Nursery Manager on deliveries required and schedule
- Ensuring all delivery paperwork is on hand and signed off by customers at the time of delivery.
- Raising any plant quality concerns with management and QA
- Maintenance of records to ensure compliance with legislative requirements around Advanced Fatigue Management
- Working safely and effectively whilst delivering plants on time
- Carry out prestart checks daily on vehicle and trailers as well as keeping the vehicle clean and tidy.
- Be an advocate for quality outcomes and continuous improvement, suggesting efficiency improvements to the logistics operations
To be successful in this role you will ideally have : –
- MC experience driving B doubles and current drivers licence
- Basic Fatigue Management Accreditation
- A current forklift license
- Sound driving history
- Experience operating tractors with front end forks
- Good communication, organisation and time management skills
- A positive attitude and happy disposition willing to be part of a team
- Customer facing experience, being a professional representative of the company
- Basic computer skills to clock on and off using a phone app for Time and Attendance systems
- Experience using electronic log book system